<VV> Alternator Pulley Grip

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 23 19:31:58 EDT 2005

Michael,

IF it is the belt slipping, wouldn't you be able to detect by at least one
of 3 means?

1. Smell it?
2. Hear it?
3. See it? (excessive wear).

AND, if it REALLY is slipping - then why?  Bad bearing in the alternator?

Let me ask you this?  Does it have the correct "Corvair" fan on it?  If not,
THAT could be your problem.

Later, JR