<VV> Fwd: CRV For Sale

Levair at aol.com Levair at aol.com
Mon May 23 00:18:05 EDT 2005

In a message dated 5/22/05 11:20:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ricebugg at mtco.com writes:

<<
 Warren:  Please post this on FV and VV.

 Thanks,
 James

 All: About 15 years ago while at the fall vintage race at Road America, I
 found out about the Bobsy-Corvair which Jim Schardt bought and restored.
 The next year, I again stumbled on to a Corvair powered car of interest: a
 original CRV.

 Yesterday I got a call from the owner, who is deeply into Elva race cars,
 asking if I was interested in the car.  Except for the problems of time,
 space and money, I am.  Which means not today, probably nor ever.

 The current owner has given me permission to let the Corvair community know
 he is interested in selling the car.  He wants it to have a good Corvair
 person home.

 I saw the car many years ago, and have no reason to doubt it is in as good
 of shape now as then, as it has been stored inside a shed or barn
 consistently. It is a CRV and not a Piranha.  It is not a race car.  It is
 basically complete except for one t-top/gull wing door and one rear upright.
 So it is not a clean and paint and reassemble project.  He has a engine and
 transaxle for it, but I do not know if they are original.  Nor do I know the
 cars history before the current owner got it.

 CRV's are extremely rare.  About the only powered by Corvair which are more
 rare is the Fitch Phoenix and the various sports-racer and formula cars I
 wrote about in the January '04 Communiqué.

 The gentleman who has it is:
    John Clifton.
    5621 Union Chapel Rd
    Fort Wayne IN.  46845