<VV> Annual Inspections

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon May 23 13:52:32 EDT 2005

In a message dated 5/23/2005 10:31:37 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
UltraMonzaWest at aol.com writes:

There  are no Annual inspections......and still  the  amount of "junk /
unsafe"  vehicles have streadily declined over the last 20  yrs.......SMOG
laws,
insurance, license fees / COST  of owning  a vehicle seems to level the
playing
feild...IMO

I'll add to California notes. As much as I dis-like the smog laws, at least
as they are applied in California (apparently at the whim of the California
Air  resources Board) They do result in poor performing cars being trashed
instead of  being driven to death. Although there is no California Safety
inspection, with  the newer cars it seems that the mechanical parts are lasting a lot
longer than on the older cars. So even a car with 150,000 miles on it, and
with  an engine that is "doomed to fail" a smog test, could still be safe to
drive.  There is virtually no rust damage, at least in the structural areas under
the  car.