<VV> Stolen Corvair recovered

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Mon May 23 17:23:29 EDT 2005

At 08:44 hours 05/23/2005, Bill Elliott wrote:

>Current case law gives you the right of self-defense ONLY when your life
>(or someone else's life) is threatened, NOT when you are "merely"
>protecting property. (For the logical evolution of this line of thought,
>check out the UK citizen who shot armed thiefs IN HIS HOME and went to
>jail for a far longer period than the criminals for using "unauthorized
>force".) I understand that even the police are not authorized to use
>deadly force if ONLY property is endangered. So Tony, think twice about
>slapping that perp with a rock unless he's in your house...
>
>Bill Elliott

I'll still fling the rock (I pitched for a park baseball team as a kid so I
should be able to pop him if he's still close by) and if I managed to knock
him cold,  I'd borrow the SOB's wallet and drivers license, get his
address.   Later after all was said and done, and things had settled, I'd
go visit...  ;)   ...even if the outcome was in my favor, which in this day
and age is not a guarantee even if you have witnesses.

I appreciate my Vairs, even the fugly '60 4-door.   No clue why anyone
would ever target it for theft though, so I'm unlikely to ever have to
defend it against theft.

I don't much care for a thief.    Dumb way to make a living.

tony..