<VV> Dumb Question

Ewell Mills emills5 at cfl.rr.com
Mon May 23 16:00:33 EDT 2005

    Why is it that cars that come from Arizona or California are always considered to be the most rust free vehicles around, and the ones from the East coast turn into rust buckets if near enough the ocean. I can understand any state that uses salt on the roads due to inclimate weather causing rust. (Been there...done that).  Why is East coast salt air more corrosive than West coast salt air.  I can understand Arizona with their extremely dry climate and no ocean, but why California.  I live within a few miles of the Atlantic ocean, and rust is always a problem.

Cecil Mills
Cocoa, Fl.