<VV> Dumb Question

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Mon May 23 18:03:56 EDT 2005

Ahh, I had a CA car ('66 Monza 4-door) when I lived there and it rusted just fine with the inferior west coast salt.  Now the rust on it was mostly around the windows and not in the rockers and front fenders.  It also had the AIR engine thank you very much.

mike

    Why is it that cars that come from Arizona or California are always
considered to be the most rust free vehicles around, and the ones from the East
coast turn into rust buckets if near enough the ocean. I can understand any
state that uses salt on the roads due to inclimate weather causing rust. (Been
there...done that).  Why is East coast salt air more corrosive than West coast
salt air.  I can understand Arizona with their extremely dry climate and no
ocean, but why California.  I live within a few miles of the Atlantic ocean,
and rust is always a problem.

Cecil Mills
Cocoa, Fl.