<VV> Spatter Paint

vairologist at juno.com vairologist at juno.com
Wed May 25 14:06:38 EDT 2005

> From: Don Stephens <don.losthorseranch at direcway.com>
> Subject: <VV> Spatter PAINT

> I'm doing some work in the trunk of my LM and want to paint the
> areas that I have brought down to bare metal, but, I can't find a spray

> can of the stuff. I'm fairly close to ACE, and CarQuest....

Smitty says:  Don what ever kind of trunk paint you get, don't count on
it to give you any rust protection.  The spatter paints are latex with
droplets of enamel or lacquer suspended in them.  Even after dried, water
will go right through to the metal.  Put on a regular protective coat of
primer and cover coat before the spatter or it will come back and bite
you later.