<VV> Clarks

corvairs lonwall at corvairunderground.com
Wed May 25 18:33:43 EDT 2005

Not a good first experience - but I have to tell you that we have
switched almost 50% of our outgoing orders to Priority Post - especially
to East of the Mississippi.
Why?  75% of the Eastern orders will go either for $3.95 or $7.70 and
99% of the time will get there in 2-3 days like clockwork. The Post's
loss/damage rate is better than UPS and at least equal to Fed Ex (pretty
good).

I am just as sure of the Post as I am sending a 2 or 3 day air package
through Fed Express and especially UPS. Nearly every time we sent our a
Priority Post to the East on Friday evening it's there on Monday
morning. Now it isn't "guarranteed" like Fed Ex and UPS allegedly are.
Considering that UPS's overall service continues to deteriorate, and
they virtually refuse to re-route mis-routed parcels and virtually
refuse to pay out on lost or damaged parcels (which interestingly
enough, they have a much greater incidence than that of Fed Express) it
might be observed that the Post is more honest than UPS.

Yes, the Post "loses" parcels, and once in a while takes a long time to
get there. But the real truth is we have to compare all that to thier
competitors, and truth is, they and Fed Express ground do the best work
- and oddly enough, they do it for less money.

Want a rear foundation sent to Mass?  Fed Express will be about 28$ and
90% of the time get there without trouble. The same item through UPS
will be near $60 and has (according to our extensive experience) a
probably loss/damage chance of about 80% - oh yeah and they will
steadfastly refuse to pay the insurnace claim.
But that's a carboard foundation - what about a bumper?  Fed Exp about
$27 and 97% reliability. UPS - $60 and they have destroyed at least 3
bumpers - yup, that's right BENT 3 automobile bumpers - then refused to
pay out because of"inadequate packaging". I'm not kidding. They
literally had to have run over them with a truck. What would have been
"adequate packaging"? The answer seems to be, when it's a UPS insurance
payout NO packaging is adequate.

If you MUST have your package UPS, we still ship about 3 or 4 a day but
have switched 95% of our busines over to DHL, Fed Express and Priority
Post.
Incidentally, so far as your catalog is concerned, all of that time
can't be blamed on the post as there were other issues, if I recall
correctly.

Lon

www.corvairunderground.com
PORTLAND IN JULY!!!! Get your reservations now! www.corsaoregon.com