<VV> Rings

Geoffrey A Johnson geoffj at unm.edu
Thu May 26 10:48:28 EDT 2005

Just wondering thoughts on 1 piece cast  oil contol rings.  I put a set of
Grant rings in my 110 engine over the weekend last fall.  Real quick, just
honed cyls. and put them in.  Motor is great.  The rings seated  great and
the  motor uses no oil.

Now I am doing this 95 and ordered the same set of rings, but they now
have a three piece oil ring.  Logiaclly they will be better, but jsut
wondering.  I am not ecxpeccting super longevity from this motor, just a
spare for the many Vairs around if and when they need it.
Thanks
Geoff Johnson