<VV> Electronic fuel shut-off valve for Corvair-pwoered VW

Bill Elliott Corvair at fnader.com
Fri May 27 13:54:23 EDT 2005

I finally connected with John Moody and he is very happy that his Corvair-powered Westy is now back in the Corvair family.

Looks like I will have two immediate issues to deal with. First is the PG which is now VERY reluctant to shift into Reverse. John had tried all of the normal
"tricks" to swell up the seal, but now it looks like I'm going to need to rebuild or replace.

Second issue is the fact that the VW gas tank is above the level of the carbs...meaning there is some gravity-feed pressure always on them. So I need to put in
a positive fuel-cutoff so we don't end up with a crankcase full of gasoline.

I'd prefer to add an electronic valve (which would be automatic in operation) but  even after looking through the usual online suspects, the only one I've found is
made for a Model A with a 1/4 inch fuel line...which might work... but I'd really prefer at least a 5/16 valve.

Anybody have a source? How are the other VW conversions handling this issue?

Thanks!
Bill