<VV> Oil Pressure sender (getting it off and then on again)

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 28 16:55:17 EDT 2005

There is a special socket for the temp/pres sending unit.  You should be
able to pick one up at your FLAPS.  I strongly suggest that you use a NEW
sender because it is quite likely that your old one is going to leak after
what you have been through.  I have no experience with EMs on this - so the
generator might be in the way and you would have to at least loosen the hold
down bolts for that.  On a LM, it is possible to get the socket (try to find
one with not real thick walls) onto the sender and then plug the extension
for the socket into it.  You will likely have to bend (carefully) the
electrical connection over partially to get the special socket onto it.  You
do NOT want to do this with pliers.  Only the outer ring is metal - the rest
is plastic or bakelite.  You MUST use the special socket in order to avoid
damage to the sender which will result in a later leak.

Later, JR