<VV> Need to take the head off of a 66 Remote mirror

Joe West joew at diveaz.com
Sat May 28 17:41:02 EDT 2005

Hi Gang,

My Son's 66 Corsa has a remote mirror on it and the head is loose.  I've
checked the connections at the control end and they are on securely.  I
removed the head of the unit from the base and slipped off the two control
wires from the head unit.  As I was investigating inside... I saw a loose
piece of plastic which fell out when I inverted the head.  The plastic piece
LOOKS like it was something that a control wire hooked over.

So... here's my question:

How do I separate the head unit so I can get inside and replace or repair
the broken plastic piece?

Second question:

Is there an easy way to get the control wires put back on after I make the
repair?

Thanks,

Joe West
Administrator