<VV> Corvair Ads at Bob Evans

Russ Moorhouse corvair65 at verizon.net
Sat May 28 23:42:13 EDT 2005

Those of you who are lucky enough to be near a Bob Evans, will want to take
a look at the books they have for sale for each year.  They were  called
"The Year at a Glance" or something along those lines, with the year printed
on each cover.  I just happened to pick up the one for 1960 and there was an
ad for a 1960 Corvair.  So then I just had to look at 1965 to see if they
had one for that year and sure enough, they did.  About that time my wife
came out of the rest room and was ready to go, so I didn't get a chance to
see if Corvair appeared in any other years.  They also had other car ads in
them as well.  I think the price was $5.99 for the book.

Of course these are reduced size prints of the actual ads that ran in the
magazines for that year, but the color was good and the text was readable.
I'm thinking if you were to scan these at a higher resolution, you could
print out a nice 8 x 10 print, or if it doesn't scan well, just cut the ad
out and mat it for a nice little miniature ad desktop picture.  Just
guessing I would say the ad was about postcard size.

Russ Moorhouse
'65 Corsa coupe 140 HP
Group Corvair Member
Corsa Member