<VV> I know I don't have a LCI generator on my '64, but it IS a 35 amp!

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Sun May 29 00:10:55 EDT 2005

OK guys and gals,
I've figured out, with the help of Shaun McGarvey and the Tech Guide, that my
generator IS a 35 amp, but NOT the LCI type. The number on it is 1102336,
which my 1972 P&A 30 C says will fit 60-64, and the Tech Guide says was for 64
only since the electrical terminals point to the rear...(so it would fit both
FCs AND cars)... my question is....

Do they use the same brushes as the 30 amp, or are they different???

I stopped in at work and got into the old Borg Warner book and it had the 30
amp listed and then the 35 amp listed and they had different part numbers for
the brushes... what gives?
I'll be getting them from a vendor since they were not available through
work... I didn't know there were 2 different 35 amp generators out there for 64...
ya learn something every day.
I'll be looking at the regulator a little closer, seeing what is going in and
coming out...

 I plan on taking it down to Leitchfield on Monday and decorating my
grandparents graves... I picked up a few flags to put on my great grandfather's grave
(Spanish-American War Veteran) and I looked around trying to find a
Confederate flag for my Great-great grandfather (served with the Tennessee Infantry
during the War Between the States) but I reckon I'm not far enough south to find
one... I'm also planting a few flowers, live ones, at the graves... we have
some Live-for-Evers here in the back yard, and I think we will put some out
there... it's ok, we've done it before, and as long as it's tastefully done it's ok
to do it.

I hope everyone takes some time out between barbecues and parties and getting
the pool ready and just stop to remember those who served our country and
didn't get to make it back home.... those who served and lost a limb or their
sight but DID make it home, those who served and made it back home without a
scratch, those who served during peace time, and those brave souls still serving.
If ANY of you fit this profile, I say THANK YOU & GOD BLESS YOU!
Enjoy your weekend!
Lonzo
US Army 1985-1988

Lon Anderson in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Central Kentucky Corvair, Derby City Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly editor
1961 Greenbrier pg, someday will be a camper
1963 Greenbrier 4spd. that I really ought to sell
1964 700 sedan 95/pg, semi-daily driver status (only when I drive somewhere)