<VV> belt problem due to excessive bragging

Vairdad at aol.com Vairdad at aol.com
Sun May 29 11:46:16 EDT 2005

The guy that wanted some questions answered about new corvair said he had
bought a new belt to keep as a spare. I told him that was a good idea but if car
 was running good and belt tightened right, and all pulleys ok and lined up
right  there should be no problem. Well this morning going to get cup of
coffee(I know  I can make coffee at home but lot more fun to drive corvair to coffee
shop) gen  and fan light came on you guessed it belt off. over 30,000 mi on
gold  convertible and 15,000 on yellow coupe, no problem till now. The belt
came  off the coupe. When I first owned a corvair a lot of problems with belts I
thought most of problem was my fault. but I changed over to local flaps belt
and  no problem till now. So donot brag and keep extra belt. Just curious how
many on  list has problem with belts.

remember our fallen heroes
Garland