<VV> belt problem due to excessive bragging

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 29 12:11:15 EDT 2005

The "icemobile" typically gets one belt per year.  This is because it sits
outside all summer and we (partner and I) don't even think about it until
the weather starts to cool considerably - say October or November.

Well, all the sitting does not do the pulleys any good.  So, what usually
happens is that we fire it up and take it for a ride - probably move it to a
location which is closer to home.  We usually forget about the pulleys.  So,
about half way to Wisconsin for an ice race event it is pretty normal to
loose a belt.  By this time, the pulleys have all been cleaned of rust, and
we are good for another season!

Later, JR