<VV> belt problem due to excessive bragging

Joe West joew at diveaz.com
Sun May 29 12:12:44 EDT 2005

On my 64 Spyder, I absolutely never have problems.  On my Son's 66 Corsa, he
has had one belt break and TWO belts roll over and eventually come off.  He
is on his fourth belt (NONE of the belts were new however, they were all
spares that came with his Corsa).  If his fourth belt rolls or has problems;
we'll be purchasing him a new one.  Luckily, he is now an EXPERT at keeping
his eye on the fan/alternator light <grin> and he UNDERSTANDS that red
lights mean something on older cars (unlike NEW cars where the check engine
light comes on if a 6 micron piece of dust enters the throttle body).

Joe