<VV> What is It?

Harry Yarnell hyarnell1 at earthlink.net
Sun May 29 15:06:55 EDT 2005

Backup light switch.

Harry Yarnell
perryman garage and orphanage
perryman, MD
hyarnell1 at earthlink.net

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joseph Trojanek" <aztrojan at msn.com>
To: <Virtualvairs at corvair.org>
Sent: Sunday, May 29, 2005 3:01 PM
Subject: <VV> What is It?

RE: Transmission unknown Part

I have just purchased another 63 Monza.

When I put it up on a hoist I notice there is something on this transmission
that is not on my other 63.

It is a cylinder about 1 1/4 in. long the top of which is an 11/16 hex. On
top of this hex appears what seems to be two electric terminals.

This cylinder is located to the left of the shifter shaft. Both my
transmission are 4 speeds. The number on this one is

GM 3

8799364 I can't really tell if these are 8's or 9's.

H10-1

Does any one have any idea what this cylinder is? What does is do?

Joe T

the property
mailto:vv-help at corvair.org
http://www.corvair.org/