<VV> Re: New disc brake install, A-frame interference

Ed Dowds ed_dowds at hotmail.com
Mon May 30 09:40:23 EDT 2005

Rick-
I discussed the interference issue with Scarebird, as I wrote. His initial
thought was the same as you described: modify the upper A-frame! I bit my
tongue as I didn't want to insult him. What I wanted to say was "why would I
modify a stock A-frame to install your improperly debugged $85 brackets!".
He suggested was to notch the frames and weld reinforcements behind them. It
would be easier to fab some new brackets, using his as partial patterns.
He is making some new brackets so we will see how those work out.
                         Ed