<VV> re;floor patch

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Tue May 31 17:03:33 EDT 2005

I can't believe that anyone who is really worried about crash safety is driving around in a 40 year old car.  The cars of today are so much safer in so many ways  - no matter how heavy the old ones are.  If I get hit hard enough to start crumpling floors in my convertible with or without welded in floor panels I'm in  world of hurt.  Panels that are properly riveted and with structural adhesive can't be that much weeker than welded in panels.  I suppose it's OK to try to maximize your car's ability to stay intact in an accident but if safety is your main concern you should be in a different vehicle.

In my opinion.

mike

What Tony said. Up until a few years ago, I was in the autobody business,
for over 8 years. Unibody cars depend on the floor as part of the structure
in one form or another.

<snip>

These are  MY beliefs/thoughts....

Ron Tinkham