Fwd: <VV> Uprated Alternator?

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Tue May 31 22:20:24 EDT 2005

Bill,  The old standby "Nova" alternators have worked very well for me.  The
one on my Greenbrier has gone over 70K now.  I do not trust the "single wire"
models.  The Tech Guide description of the wiring changes to use the
alternator I have worked well for me.

As far as an extra warning, you can wire in a small warning buzzer to sound
when current flows to the idiot light.  These are the little "headlight
warning" buzzers that can be purchased for less than five dollars.  It's easy to tie
them into an idiot light circuit and then just stick the buzzer on the back
side of the cluster with the furnished doublesided tape.  The buzzer is only
about a half an inch square.  I've got them on all of the Corvairs to warn other
drivers when the headlights are left on.

Glad you've got John's camper conversion.  He did a beautiful job of making
the conversion a sweet, dependable Westphalia that can accelerate up a hill.

Bob Hall