<VV> wheel rusted to hub

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Tue May 31 22:24:11 EDT 2005

I've not had this happen to my Corvair but I have had the aluminum wheels on my Honda minivan get themselves stuck on the hub due to corrosion and I got it off by smacking it repeatedly with a rubber malet.  And a lot of wiggling.

I put grease (anti-seize would probably be better) around where the wheel contacts the hub to hopefully avoid this in the future.

mike

OK, I'm still a newbie... continue being gentle with me.

I have a flat I need to get fixed, but I can't get the wheel off the hub!

I've asked friends and they say they have seen this problem, and they made
suggestions (which didn't work).  I've never seen it before.  The repeated
suggestion I got most was to remove the lug nuts, then lower the jack until
the that tire rests on the ground - and the weight of the car on that wheel
will pop it free.  I did that a few minutes ago; it didn't work.

What do you guys/gals suggest?