<VV> Case bolts

Ryan Verthein daretocorvair at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 1 11:01:10 EST 2005

Wow, it's been a while since I've posted anything on
this list.

I'm taking apart that old turbo engine you;ve heard
about from me...I finally have both of the heads off
(a scissor jack and a hammer did the job....I didn't
want to keep them anyway).

Is there any way in particular you have been
successful at loosening the case bolts to split the
case?

I want the cam and crank out of the engine.  The rest
of it is pretty much garbage.  the rods and pistons
might be good for cores, but I wouldn't re-use
them...in fact, one of the pistons is frozen inside a
cylinder barrel, and I'm trying to figure out what
kind of stuff I can use to free them.  The crank from
what I can see looks like shiny new...the cam looks
really nice down in there too.  I'll save those and
things like the valve springs and pushrod tubes..

Nothing new on my car.  still just sitting on jack
stands.  I have lines coming, and as final of a list
as I can possibly make for odds and ends I still need
about 700 dollars til my car is on the ground going
vroom.  I'm sad to say my car probably won't be on the
ground going vroom for about another 5 months or so.
And that's if this engine has good compression.  I
still don't know cause I haven't had money for the
starter yet (but hey, if the person I'm getting them
from is reading this, I promise one of these days.)

Alright.

Ryan V.
65 Corsa