<VV> Gen to One-Wire Alt Conversion

Western Canada CORSA westerncanadacorsa at shaw.ca
Tue Nov 1 13:27:40 EST 2005

After losing the generator on my '61 Rampside, I decided I might was well
convert to a one wire alt set up. (with the camper and an extra battery I'm
going to need the additional charging capacity)  Last night I changed the
oil filter housing from gen to alt and installed a freshly built alternator.
I followed the instructions in "The Classic Corvair" for the install,
including the hook up requried for the "Gen" dash light.  However, short of
disconnecting both the wires running to the "1" and "2" plugs on the new
alt, I can't get the dash light to go off WHEN THE IGNITION IS IN THE "OFF"
POSITION.

Help!

Regards,
Joel