<VV> More on CHT

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Tue Nov 1 16:57:58 EST 2005

Put the doors back on the lower shrouds last night and frankly I do not see
any difference. Today is 75F and damp. After about a mile and reading 200F
the doors were still shut tight. Three miles further and a stretch at 45
the reading was 240F on both sides and doors were full open. Highest temp I
saw was 260F and both sides (thermocouples on #2 and #5 plugs) were reading
about the same.

Still has that misfire at light load/high vacuum conditions but have an
electronic ignition on the way and will see what effect that has. Vacuum
advance has "230" stamped on the lever, is this the right one ? If upgrade
does not help, will start measuring advance curve. Right now running 12
degrees initial and just about all Hess 93 PON at Sea Level.

Incidentally the only way I could figure to install the doors was to attach
the doors to the thermostat rod in the shroud and install by pushing
through the duct until I could insert the rod. To do this again am going to
have to figure some kind of lock for the rod that does not require bending
a flap.

Padgett