<VV> Wiring hookup on generator to alternator conversion

Rburger rcbmc at bentonrea.com
Tue Nov 1 18:54:24 EST 2005

Gentlemen;

I'm finishing up the installation of a rebuilt engine in my '62 700 sedan and I'm chagrined to say I neglected to label the wiring to the alternator. I converted the car from generator to alternator a few years ago, with a CU kit, but I didn't keep the instructions. Obviously, I know where the 10/12 gauge red wire goes, but the brown 18-gauge could plug into either of the prongs on the two-prong hookup, and I don't remember which it was. Maybe it doesn't matter which? Also, it appears that the negative battery cable was connected to the back of the alternator case (in addition to its intermediate connection to the body). That sound right?

Thanks for your help.

Richard Burger