<VV> Air compressor lines (no Corvair)

Rt66Vairs at aol.com Rt66Vairs at aol.com
Wed Nov 2 11:14:29 EST 2005

In a message dated 11/2/2005 6:33:57 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
chartzel at comcast.net writes:

Why  bother with soldering copper pipe?  I plumbed the garage with plain  old
hardware store 1/2" copper tubing and compression fittings.  Been  there
about 30 years and no problems yet!  My 60 gallon upright  compressor/tank is
still sitting on the wooden pallet it was shipped on and  hard plumbed from
there to the wall mounted tubing.  Hasn't cracked  yet!  I bought a hose reel
from Harbor Freight and mounted it by the  garage door so I can walk out 50'
in the driveway to use air tools  outside.
Clark Hartzel

All will be well for many years.

The only place you're liable to see a failure is the connection to the
compressor.

And then you get a leak... No big deal.

Soldered fittings are much cheaper.

Compression fittings require little skill to install

Tim Abney
IECC