<VV> Headlamp switches

Ed Dowds ed_dowds at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 2 12:16:07 EST 2005

I think someone has already posted about this but I will again:
To get the parking lights to stay on with the headlights on '65-'66 Corvairs
you just have to move the purple wire in the headlight switch connector to
the existing blank hole in the connector. I have done this on my previous
"65 and my present '66. The switch AND the connector were designed to allow
this change. I've always suspected it was required on cars delivered in
Europe and maybe Canada.
I've converted both of my cars that had 1895 bulbs to 1816 bulbs so I can
see the gauges easily. The same can be done on later cars that use 194 bulbs
by going to 168 bulbs.
The only "load" that would be on a headlight switch having "more" bulbs
would be on the resistor built in for panel light dimming.  The panel light
fuse spec is the same for Corsas, Monzas and 500s!
I agree that much more money is saved by having one part number to stock
rather than several! Would a parts department like to stock one switch for
each year or just one for several different years?
                 Ed