<VV> pvc/pressure NO CORVAIR

Mark J. Murphy m.j.murphy at comcast.net
Wed Nov 2 14:08:10 EST 2005

That is CPVC, sold under the brand name "Blazemaster" and others, and is
rated for line pressure fire sprinkler system in certain residential
locations, using plain water or a glycerin-based antifreeze.  It degrades in
sunlight and cannot be used legally if faded.  Large systems are often
tested for leaks with regulated nitrogen (not high pressure) as it fills the
piping faster than the average portable compressor, although even that
practice is frowned upon by the maker.  See
http://www.blazemaster.com/DESIGNSPECIFICATION/dodont.asp. (Yes, I do
plumbing/fire suppression for a living).
      ,-----___\----,    Mark Murphy
      \--(o)----(o)--'  Derry, NH, USA
    http://m.j.murphy.home.comcast.net/