<VV> Re: Re: Air compressor distribution lines - NO Corvair, No seriousness either!

Rick & Janet Norris rickjanet at charter.net
Thu Nov 3 16:45:17 EST 2005

Heck,
I'm doin mine in toilet paper rolls an duck tape! Pressure tested personally
by me with methane gas! (We get it from our coal mines of course!)
I'll use me a pair a plars fer a valve. Works on the ol garden hose.

"Piper at the gates of hell"
aka, TLH

>"Plastic tubing is made from four basic materials: PVC, polyethylene,
>nylon, and PTFE. PVC can be used for pneumatic lines at pressures to 125
>psi with continuous temperatures to 100°F. It can be used with compression
>tube fittings designed for plastic tubing and has excellent abrasion
>resistance, but loses flexibility below 30°F."

Then again, nobody said that it was actually safe
to do so...  sure, if you wanna run the stuff
underground or through concrete walls or the
like, or it's in places where it won't be exposed
to "adverse environmental conditions" or living
things that would take exception to being
perforated by shards of shattered tubing.

Somebody is likely sooner or later to come up
with a material for plumbing air that behaves
something like maybe Lexan or the like, which
simply refuses to shatter or splinter, which may
well make good air line material (to a point) but
to date it's not happened just yet, at least nothing I know of.

If I ran lines like this, they'd be soldered
copper, cheap enough and easy to work with and
once it's there it's there and done.    Might do
it yet, currently  still simply dragging hoses around.

tony..

the property
mailto:vv-help at corvair.org
http://www.corvair.org/