<VV> Groaning, Backfiring, Loss of Power

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Thu Nov 3 16:54:05 EST 2005

Hi Steven,

I think your conclusion here is pretty close.  There is likely junk in
one or both carb bowls that sloshes into the main jet periodically.
I'd consider opening them up and cleaning them out.  You'll need at
minimum bowl gaskets - if you wish to tear them all the way down (not a
bad idea) then get whatever level of "rebuild" kit you think is
appropriate.  You might also replace the individual carb filters since
they are likely pretty cruddy.
Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
   Corvairs: '61 Lakewood, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa