<VV> 251 Pictures from Palm Springs Fanbelt Toss

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Sat Nov 5 22:29:47 EST 2005

>------------------------------
>Great job!   Even pics of the Swap area....

>It's really sad when you realize 10 yrs ago there were >double...triple?  the
>cars in the show.....I remember one year I got there late >Fri.  and my
>Vairboat was outside the front gate [ Indio '89?]]

>Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Mr. DeckRug
>69 Monza Cpe., 66 Monza vert, 65 Crown v8 Cpe.
>Somewhere between Reno, NV and Coos Bay, Or.

Yes, great job and thanks for showing the swap meet stuff - that's great to see.

I'm recently back in the Corvair community and I keep hearing that things are smaller and less attended than in the past.  I realize the core group ages and maybe not so many younger folk are getting into our car but it seems like other 60's cars are more popular than ever.  Of course, it may just be that they are more expensive than ever.  I went to the Auto Fair in Charlotte in the spring this year and there were a TON of people and cars there.  So is it just the Corvair?  I know every time I take mine out I get a comment from someone about it and it ellicits smiles from people wherever I go.  I know our local club has complained of attendence drop offs but I was kind of hoping it was a local thing.

mike