<VV> 185/80/13 Early Tires: Which Ones Do I Buy?

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Sat Nov 5 22:48:45 EST 2005

------------------------------
The internet is a good tool but common sense advice from people who have
experience with their tires is worth a great deal too. My current tires are
175/80/13 Diamondback Classics. I have searched the replacement possibilities
and they are: Cooper Trendsetter SE, Firestone FR380, Kumho AS795(rated highly
by Consumer Reports), Hercules MRIV and MRX PLUS IV, Douglas Extra-Trac,
Peerless President II and MasterCraft ASIV.

<snip>

Bob Vukas
bowtieguy at cox.net

You can add the Hankook H714 (which is sold locally here by a Cooper tire dealer) to the list.  They look good (whitewalls) and someone I know says he's heard good things about Hankooks but I have no first hand knowledge of them.  I need to get new tires soon and I like the Kumhos I have on my VW Passat so I'm going to see if our local Sears has them, if not I'll probably go Cooper.  We'll see.

mike