<VV> deflashing advice

Chuck Kubin dreamwoodck at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 7 13:14:06 EST 2005

Hey gang,
I'm looking for some specific advice on deflashing 140 heads.
So far I've found nearly all of the supposedly-open areas aren't. Frankly, I'm surprised this POS is cooling at all. I know from speaking to Steve Goodman that 140s historically are worse than other heads.
I wonder:
Is the area between the top fin and the outside, solid portion of the head supposed to be completely sealed all the way across? I've been unable to stab through with a stiff drywall saw blade and it feels pretty solid.
The same thing with one area, about half way across the head, between the cylinders. There are openings of various sizes between the other fins but just that one spot feels solid and won't break through with a little urging from the saw or a drill bit, as does the other flash.
You can bet that after going thorugh all this trouble, ALL the flash will be off this head.

Chuck Kubin