<VV> Fwd: deflashing advice

Chuck Kubin dreamwoodck at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 7 14:11:32 EST 2005

Hi Bob,
Like I mentioned, close to NOTHING was open at all. As an example, the areas right above the combustion chamber were flashed over in five of the six cylinders and about 80% filled in the sixth. I've found the saw's tip and a drill bit will poke through almost immediately if there's flash and the drywall saw and a mini-hacksaw blade both stop moving when they hit something more solid, like thicker aluminum or a stud. That's why I asked the questions about two specific areas where it appears solid but logic dictates there should be some open space, like above the top fin in areas where there are openings closer to the cylinders.
I planned on buying your book but you've given me a reason to do it immediately. The pictures should confirm or disprove what I'm finding by probing around. Send me the details on how to get one.

Chuck