<VV> backfiring out carbs and exhaust (long)

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Mon Nov 7 19:00:31 EST 2005

>it smoothed out for a really short time, then it started backfiring
>through the carbs and exhaust.

If runs well cold then gets ragged as it warms up, valves too tight is
certainly a possibility. I would set them warm and while running to 1/4-1/2
turn from click (I know, book says 1 turn). Will know very quickly (first
one backed off to click) if all are set too tight.

Tight valves was one of the things I found on my new Monza that didn't want
to idle hot though suspect the blocked idle passage in one carb was a major
contributor.

Padgett