<VV> deflashing theory

Chuck Kubin dreamwoodck at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 7 23:09:03 EST 2005

Hey Ned,

We're on the same page. I'm an A&P, so I know the
effects of both having too little fin and blocked or
turbulent airflow on an air-cooled engine. I'm just
trying to get it to the point where I'm not running
hot enough to make diamonds out of spilled oil.
I estimate, from the pictures in today's posts, that
my heads are/were 90-95% flashed over.  No small
wonder it positively cooked at highway speeds.
I just want to get it to coll the way the General made
it to cool. If I get all the flash with nothing more
than scratches on the rest, I should be fine.  None of
my tools remove any significant metal.

Chuck