<VV> valve adjustment

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Tue Nov 8 12:21:15 EST 2005

>Have you done a compression test on the motor? If the valves are being held
>open for some reason, this should show it.

Mine was adjusted way tight and showed 150+ psi when tested cold. Tried one
cyl warm and it showed a significant drop but was concerned about melting
the rubber ring on my compression tester. Have not tested since but a cold
compression test may not show anything.

Other problem is that if set cold (and if starting out too tight), the
lifter may be collapsed and the setting will be too tight again. This is
why it is best to set on a running warm engine so that the lifters are
pumped up when set.

Padgett