<VV> 185/80/13 Tires: Good News and Bad News

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 8 23:37:14 EST 2005

In April I  bought a set of Dayton Quadra P185/80R-13 tires (with narrower whitewall) for $26 apiece. One set for my daily driver, one for my daughter's Spyder.  I've been satisfied so far.  They aren't performance tires but I did manage to win my class in the Corsa/NC Fall Affair autocross.  I would say they perform like previous tires I've used (Dunlop Axiom II A/S P185-80R13 and Winston Californian I 185-80R).

Bowtie guy wrote:

<<Diamond Back Classics makes a 185/80/13 one inch whitewall from a
Dayton Quadra SE. Their tires are $132.00 per tire plus freight. 5 tires and
freight are $737.00. 4 Tires and freight are $580.00. Consumer Reports
liked a Dayton tire in their recent ratings. Does anyone have any
experience with Dayton tires to share? These prices make one want to find a
Kumho, Cooper, Toyo, Hankook, Kelly-Springfield or Dayton dealer for
the close but not quite one inch white walls. Does anyone know who makes
the Peerless President ll and is it a Dayton or Firestone 380
comparable tire?>>

-- Doug Mackintosh
  Corsa member since 1996
  Corsa/NC member since 1996,  Virtual Vairs member
  Corvair owner 1969-1971 and 1996-on