<VV> Re: VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 10, Issue 41-----Cooper tires/Autocross FTD

Taruffi57 at aol.com Taruffi57 at aol.com
Tue Nov 8 23:37:26 EST 2005

In a message dated 11/8/2005 11:19:35 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,

Subject:  <VV> 185/80/13 Tires: Good News and Bad News

I have a set of Coopers on my wife's '64 Monza convertible.  They are  a soft
riding tire w/o a lot of stiffness in the tread.  Great for a  comfortable
ride and certainly OK for regular street driving.  However,  since I have high
performance tires on everything else I own, I wouldn't get too  frisky with the
Coopers.  They will definitely slide sooner than a  stiffer tread tire and I
took my wife through an autocross run (lots of  screaming) and they had very
little grip and lots of squeal.  Since I  wanted to stay with something near
stock size, I couldn't find any other tire to  mount even though I really wanted
a better adhesion tire.

Oh. Thanks to all of you guys for the acknowledgement of my first autocross
FTD.  Now I need to try and not be a one-shot-wonder.

Joe Dunlap
Cen. Florida