<VV> FC Exhaust question

Dale Dewald dkdewald at pasty.net
Wed Nov 9 10:14:06 EST 2005

Hello Folks,

I remember reading that a 90 degree bend near the end of a tail pipe
significantly reduces the volume of an exhaust system.  I would suggest
that this may have been additional reasoning for the exit location/bends in
the tail pipes.  Personally, I like to use a turndown aimed about 15
degrees to the side of straight down exiting to the rear on FC's and
likewise a turndown aimed 15 deg to the rear of straight down exiting to
the side on cars.

Dale Dewald
Hancock, (UP) MI

>At 05:13 PM 11/8/05, EVERETT WILSON wrote:
>
> >Is the tail pipe supposed to blow straight out the back or should it curve
> >downward?

>At 05:58 PM 11/8/05 -0500, Robert W. Marlow wrote:
>On an FC, the tailpipe originally exited straight out the rear of the
>vehicle, although the original tailpipe did have a slight downward dip at
>the end.

[snip]