<VV> Re: [fastvair] LM Cluster gear Anti-rattle

mmcguire at hiwaay.net mmcguire at hiwaay.net
Wed Nov 9 10:38:08 EST 2005

> Saginaw cluster gear had the anti-rattle springs and "gear" on
the front,
> while GM removed it in '68.

 What I've heard is the same. The reason given was that the anti-rattle stuff
worked loose and jammed the gears.
Regards,
Bob Helt

I always though it was just a cost reduction!  It is kinda cool thing, in
engineering school we were told they are only used for precision
instrumentation where zero lash is nessary.  Showed the prof one out of my 68'
GMC truck, he kept it!  It was missing a few teeth.

Michael