<VV> Pertronix & 1966 wiring harness

NicolCS at aol.com NicolCS at aol.com
Wed Nov 9 11:43:17 EST 2005

<snip>
Electronic ignition just arrived and have a question: On the 66, is the
"resistance wire" the 20 W/R/B wire that goes from the main engine
connector to the two connector junction with the 20 B/Y that goes to the coil
?
The electronics wants 12v and at least initially I plan to keep the stock
coil which needs resistance so need a new switched 12v line for the
ignition system. Consequently I need to know where the resistance wire is
and that seems to be the only logical place. Padgett
<unsnip>

Yes, the "20 W/R/B" is the resistance wire.  AFIK, this circuit is the only
switched B+ in the rear of the car.  The hard resistance wire doesn't lend
itself to soldering, so for me, the "easy" place to tap into this circuit is on
the forward side of the engine harness main connector "18P"
C. Nicol