<VV> re:185/80/13 Tires: How about Kumho?

Tim Verthein minoxphotographer at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 9 16:39:25 EST 2005

Hmm..tire talk..just in time....

Ryan and I are both considering Kumho Touring A/S 795 in 185-80-SR13
size, for my '64, and for his '65.  He just needs acceptable tires so
he can get it on the ground assuming he gets the powertrain in soon.
I'm looking for decent tires for the 13" chrome rims I picked up this
summer....I still have the 15" Nissan rims too with the low profile
tires, so I can switch off as the situation warrants.  Anyone have any
personal experience with these tires?  Tire RAck has 'em for $33 each,
and it turns out we even have a dealer nearby, so I'm gonna get a quote
from him. I'm expecting a deal since we want 8 in one shot, and the
rims are not on cars, so it's just a mount and balance affair. Ryan
will be doing normal driving in his '65, I do a lot of regular driving,
and hopefully an occasional autocross this coming season, but can
always switch to the 15 inchers as necessary, although that's the only
thing on the car that moves me into improved stock class.

Thoughts?

Tim

===
You *can* repair a flip-flop with a capacitor!
===