<VV> Garth's reply

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Thu Nov 10 05:49:19 EST 2005

Folks

I'd like to thank Garth for his reminder.

I'd also like to remind us all of another pertinent fact.

This list is not moderated. Never has been. And it is accepted that from
time to time a few off topic threads will happen. They usually don't last
long.

Also, in the 8+ years I've been on this list, I've locked horns with many a
person. Save one very recent incident, every one of those people has become
a friend, and in several instances close ones.

One thing for certain. When a V V member asks me not to post to them or
about them, I'm happy to comply.  But I won't stand still, and I don't
expect anyone else to either, while that same person comes on list and
trolls,calls names like a child, and defames you.  You want me not to bother
you, that's understandable. That street runs both ways. Can't play by your
own rules, get your own sandbox. This one's for grown-ups.

And keep in mind y'all---tomorrow is Veteran's Day. About 3 years ago one
person made a post about it, VV Veterans worldwide  chimed in, and a fracas
resulted. I won't start it, but it could happen again. There's a difference
between those who didn't serve and those who couldn't.  Those who didn't are
always the first to complain.  Just like yesterday.

This list had quite a problem with off topic threads and posts in years gone
by. Now it is a very rare occurance, instead of a daily one. It's part of a
un-moderated list. If that simply cannot be tolerated, especially by those
who espouse tolerance and expect it from others, I suppose they need to grow
up.

Hank