<VV> Instrument Panel lights

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 11 00:57:39 EST 2005

Bill,

I LIKE your thinking on this one!

Let's see, if over the lifetime of a vehicle (1/2 city and 1/2 out of city
driving) the average speed were around 30mph, those bulbs will be lasting
(30 X 10,000) around 300,000 miles if ALL the driving were at night.  My
guess is that only about 1/3 or less of driving occurs with the lights on.
So, somewhere around the 1,000,000 mile mark would be the life expectancy on
these bulbs.  That sounds just about right for Corvair owners!

If your average speed comes out closer to 15mph, you are cheating yourself
out of half a million miles of bulb use!  Drive FASTER!  Save money!

OK, that was enough Shiraz for tonight..   Nighty nite.

Later, JR