<VV> Rebuild II

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Mon Nov 14 16:35:54 EST 2005

At 06:49 hours 11/13/2005, Stephen Upham wrote:
>From: AeroNed at aol.com
>Stephen, it's you choice, listen to your neighbor or just  about
>every other Corvair expert who actually own and drive Corvairs, and leave
>the head studs alone.
>Ned
>
>The club member that helped me to get to the place in the rebuild
>that I am now is my principal source, and usually final word, of any
>technical information that I might use to repair my car.  He has a
>very well deserved reputation in the NTCA as someone who KNOWS what
>he is doing.   Any and all technical information that I receive
>would be passed by him before I pick up a wrench.  All of the things
>that my neighbor said, sounded, let us say, fantastic, if not total crap.

The Porsche fellow may not be dispensing crap.   He may well be
dispensing respectable Porsche technicalese.

However, Porsches are not Corvairs or vice versa.    About the only
thing they have in common is the air cooled boxer concept.   Other
than that, they're not at all similar in design.

...kinda like comparing a Fiat Dino V6 with a similar vintage Buick
V6.   Both are V engines and both are liquid cooled.   However,
that's where the similarity ends.

tony..