<VV> Corvair / Porsche / V W

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Mon Nov 14 20:00:13 EST 2005

In a message dated 11/14/05 2:13:29 PM Pacific Standard Time,
JVHRoberts at aol.com writes:

> True, but other than that, it's a matter of stacking them up. Heck, some of
>
> us are using VW 4 barrels in a Corvair 6!

AND  in the 60's -70's  shops did  work on all three....but then we had
"mechanics"  who didn't  specialize.....and could build ANY  engine just fine....

You've got to remember these were the days when  everything was so
similar....you didn't need a manual!  Engine assemblers were paid  VW  $25;  Porsche 4
$35;    Vair  $45  to assemble a rebuilt engine..that was guarranteed [ not
warranteed / sheisters way of getting out of most problems]  for 20,000
miles...no time limits...

Matt Nall
65/66/69/DB/BT
Coos Bay, Ore.