<VV> Franklin Engines - No Corvair

JVHRoberts at aol.com JVHRoberts at aol.com
Mon Nov 14 22:29:01 EST 2005

Yep, those too! But try finding one of any of these. <G>
Still, I shall now look to see what a flat 8 crank looks like... 4 throws  or
8? I know flat 12s have 6 throw cranks...

In a message dated 11/14/2005 9:05:39 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jekepler at amplex.net writes:

>  Well, there's the Ferrari TR flat 12. And the various Subaru flat 6s,  and
> the big gun Porsche engines, even with 6 cylinders, make  exceptional
output,
> even for the air cooled ones..  <G>

Are ya'll forgetting the Porsche flat-8 in the 908?   The flat-12 in the 917?
How 'bout the same flat-12 turbocharged cranking a  whopping 1200 hp in the
917-30K?  All big, all more than 6, all  air-cooled!

John