<VV> Re: heavy motors

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Tue Nov 15 14:36:19 EST 2005

In a message dated 11/15/05 8:52:11 AM Pacific Standard Time, tonyu at roava.net
writes:

> The M-60 engine was a boxer, not a V engine
http://www.army-technology.com/projects/m60/
http://www.israeli-weapons.com/weapons/vehicles/tanks/magach/M60.htm

"Besides its main gun, the M60 series tanks are equipped with a 7.62mm M240
coaxial machine gun and 12.7mm M85 antiaircraft gun. Power is provided by a
Continental AVDS-1790-2C 750 hp V-12 engine and an Allison CD-850-6/6A powershift
crossdrive transmission. The first M-60s retained a turret similar to the
M-48, but had a revised hull with better ballistic protection. The M60 tank hull
was designed with a unique rounded boat shape, made from five cast pieces that
combine to provide excellent ballistic protection for the four crew and
equipment packed inside."

In a message dated 11/15/05 8:52:11 AM Pacific Standard Time, tonyu at roava.net